UPCOMING/ON REQUEST - This course will analyze contemporary issues in the management of human capital in the hotel and tourism industry, within both macro- and micro-perspectives. You will learn how organizational culture impacts human capital, how to effectively staff your team, leadership skills and how to manage employee motivation. The issue of how different cultures approach human resource management (HRM) will also be presented.
Modern business is too complex to be covered by a single subject: modern managers need to have a broad outlook. By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Evaluate and discuss the knowledge and theories of managing human resources applicable to the hotel and tourism industry
- Appraise and analyze human resources functions and employee motivation in the context of the hotel and tourism environment
- Evaluate the impacts and factors that affect the development of organizational culture
- Assess the relationship between the hotel and tourism industry and their society; and evaluate the impacts of social, economical, and cultural factors on managing human resources
- Identify human resources problems within the hotel and tourism context, and apply research skills and techniques to solve these problems
- Analyze and appraise related numerical and graphical data regarding managing human resources, and develop solutions for industry practitioners.